We are open - safety is our top priority!
Turn Back the Clock with Cosmetic Teeth Whitening in Gilbert
As we get older, it is common for stains to accumulate on our teeth, which can make us look older than our years. With our safe and effective teeth whitening procedure, it is possible to achieve dramatically brighter teeth even after years of smoking or drinking coffee and tea. For more information, call today to schedule a consultation with our teeth bleaching dentist.
Why Should I Choose Teeth Whitening in Gilbert?
Unlike do-it-yourself teeth whitening products that may lighten your teeth by a couple of shades, our bleaching gels are highly concentrated and provide dramatic results that you will see right away. Our power bleaching process is ideal for eliminating dental stains caused by smoking or years of consuming certain foods and beverages, such as coffee, tea, and red wine.
Is Professional Teeth Whitening Right for Everyone?
We want every patient to be completely satisfied with the results of their cosmetic teeth whitening. To ensure the best possible results, our dentist will carefully examine your teeth to identify the cause of your tooth discoloration.
The dentist may advise against the procedure and recommend alternative treatments if your discoloration is caused by medications, such as tetracycline, or problems involving the tooth structure, such as decay or defective dental restorations. Veneers, crowns, and other types of dental restorations are made from materials that do not respond to the bleaching process. This means that your dental restorations may be noticeably darker than your natural teeth following the teeth whitening procedure. Some of our patients choose to replace their restorations for a more even appearance.
What Are My Best Options for Teeth Whitening at Home?
Many of our patients prefer the convenience of whitening their teeth at home. We are proud to offer at-home teeth whitening kits that will allow you to achieve professional-level results in the comfort of your home and at a time that will work with your busy schedule. Our at-home teeth whitening kits offer several advantages beyond over-the-counter options:
- Each kit is put together by our dentist and includes a highly concentrated bleaching gel that can lighten your teeth up to six shades in just a couple of weeks.
- Unlike the one-size-fits-all whitening trays that come with over-the-counter kits, we will take impressions of your teeth to ensure that your tray fits properly.
- We will make sure that you know exactly how to use your kit for the best possible results. Most patients wear their teeth whitening trays for just an hour a day.
We urge patients to avoid using the inexpensive whitening products available at discount stores and pharmacies. These strips, gels, rinses, and toothpastes rely on abrasives or a mild peroxide solution to lift superficial stains from the tooth enamel. At best, you may notice a shade or two difference in the color of your teeth. At worse, the effect may be blotchy and inconsistent. It is even possible to damage your teeth or irritate your gums if you use the product incorrectly.
How Do I Find Out My Teeth Bleaching Cost?
If you are like most of our patients, you are probably concerned about the cost of teeth whitening, especially since it is not normally covered by dental insurance. The best way to determine your teeth whitening cost is to schedule a consultation with one of our dentists. Once you and your dentist have agreed on a treatment plan, we will provide you with an outline of your cost based on the type of whitening system used, the number of anticipated treatments, and whether you will need any additional treatments or procedures to correct other dental issues.
How Does a Teeth Bleaching Dentist Whiten My Teeth?
The teeth whitening process is simple and painless. Here is an overview of the typical procedure; the exact steps, however, can vary based on the system used:
- The process begins with a dental exam and a professional dental cleaning.
- We will take several photos of your teeth that will be used to track the progress of your treatment.
- After inserting a cheek retractor to expose your teeth, the dentist will coat your gums with a protective liquid. This will shield your gums from the bleaching gel.
- The dentist then will apply several coats of bleaching gel to your teeth. Each coat is left on the teeth for a short time and then removed. In some cases, a special light is used to enhance the effect of the gel.
- After applying each coat of gel, the dentist will assess your tooth color to determine if you need additional treatments either at home or in our office to achieve the desired whitening results.
How Do I Find Out If I Am a Candidate for Cosmetic Teeth Whitening?
Don’t keep hiding your smile because of discolored teeth. Make the smile of your dreams a reality by calling our office today to schedule your consultation.