We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
If you’re not happy with your smile because of missing teeth, it’s worth looking into what the dental implants procedure can do for you. This popular tooth-restoration choice provides a natural-looking and functional smile that also helps maintain the shape of your face. When you have implants, you won’t show metal bridge brackets or experience the embarrassment of a shifting denture. Are you ready to learn more about dental implants in Gilbert? Contact us today.
Why Dental Implants?
Dental implant surgery gives you the next best thing to a real tooth. Unlike traditional bridges and dentures that sit above the gum, a dental implant features a metal post that holds the prosthetic tooth, or crown, securely in place. A dentist places the post in the jaw during surgery in the space where the tooth’s root used to be. During the healing process, the implant fuses with the jawbone and provides sturdy and permanent support for the crown.
How Much Is the Dental Implants Cost?
Implants have a stellar track record as long-term replacements for missing teeth. At first, the cost might seem high, but when you consider that they can last a lifetime, you’ll see how affordable dental implants actually are. The best way to find out your exact dental implants cost is to schedule a consultation with our office. After an exam, we’ll provide a detailed estimate of the cost to restore your smile with implants.
Does Dental Insurance Cover Dental Implants?
If you have comprehensive dental insurance, it’s possible that your plan includes dental implants insurance. However, the majority of plans don’t cover the dental implants cost because they classify it as a cosmetic procedure. Some medical insurance providers cover part of the dental implant procedure, depending on why you need it done. Check with your insurer to find out if implants are included in your plan. You can also contact us to find out more about our financing options. We strive to make affordable dental implants a reality for our patients whether you have dental implants insurance or not.
What Are the Dental Implant Procedure Steps?
The dental implants procedure is often a multistage process. Your dentist will design your treatment plan to meet your individual needs, but a few steps are shared by most dental implants procedures. For example:
- Local or general anesthesia is used to eliminate any dental implant procedure pain
- The dentist makes small incisions in the gum
- The implant post is placed in the jaw where the tooth root used to be
- Your gum and jaw are allowed time to heal before your next appointment
- The crowns are affixed to the implant
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants in Gilbert?
Some advantages of implants over other tooth replacement options are that:
- You can enjoy just about any food. You won’t have restrictions as you would with dentures.
- Your natural teeth will be protected. Bridges that aren’t supported by implants can put strain on the surrounding teeth that ultimately damages them.
- Your jawbone stays strong. You can lose a significant amount of bone density within the first year of losing a tooth. A dental implant slows or stops that bone loss.
What Are the Types of Implants?
Your dentist has a range of implant choices for restoring your smile, such as:
- An implant-supported bridge: A row of teeth can be supported with a few implants.
- Mini implants: This type of implant is narrower than the standard implant.
- Single implant: Replace one missing tooth with an implant.
- Endosteal implants: This is the type of implant that dentists use the most. An endosteal implant consists of a post that is attached to a crown using an abutment.
- Subperiosteal implants: A subperiosteal implant gets extra support from a frame that is custom fit over the jawbone but below the gum line to provide extra support and stability for the prosthetic teeth.
What Dental Implant Care Is Required?
Once your dental implants procedure is finished, you should feel little discomfort. Caring for them involves keeping the implant areas clean during the healing process and avoiding hard foods. Once you’ve healed, just take care of them by brushing and flossing around the implants like you would with natural teeth.
Am I a Candidate for Implants?
If you are missing teeth and have good overall health, healthy gums and enough bone density in your jaw, you’re likely a good dental implant candidate. If you aren’t sure if you’re a candidate for implants, schedule a consultation with us. A variety of dental implant technology is available to accommodate different cases. We believe everyone can have a healthy smile.
How Long Do Dental Implants Last?
How long implants last depends on your attention to oral hygiene. You can help your implants last 15 years and more with daily brushing and flossing. Make sure to visit the dentist every six months for professional cleanings and checkups. Your dentist can help make sure your implants stay in tip-top shape. Call us today to make a fresh start with a beautiful new smile.